I was taking Leah to her Mother's Day Out program today. She goes every Monday, and loves it. It is at the local Methodist Church, and today as we arrived for drop-off, there was a Funeral getting underway. The door we enter the building is at ground level, and has elevator access to the sanctuary. So that is where the hearse was parked. And as the timing would have it, we had arrived just as the Funeral director and staff were taking the casket into the building. Leah and I patiently and respectfully stood aside as they were wheeling the casket into the doors, as to not make them feel rushed or intruded upon.
However at that moment, seeing her first casket, my daughter yells "LOOK MAMA, IT'S A BIG BIG TOY BOX!!!" I was so embarrassed! It was very windy outside, so I think It's safe to say no one in the funeral party payed attention to the loud little girl who was so EXCITED to see this coffin. I explained that no, it's not a toy-box, but it sure is a nice box isn't it. Ah, the joys of childhood!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
SHE IS SOO SMART! i love it! she is so darling! that is hilarious!!
I've been telling this story to everyone in my family, it just cracks me up! I love it!
Post a Comment