Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Something Beautiful

While on the computer this morning, enjoying the task of balancing the checkbook, Isaac comes running in "Mama, Mama, Do you want to see something BEAUTIFUL?!?" I replied with "What do you mean?" Isaac explained "Mama, you need to come here, come see, Leah is in your bathroom doing something Beautiful!" Now, the thought crossed my mind, that nothing Leah has ever done in the bathroom could be described as beautiful. So, yes, he had me curious. And I followed.
There Leah was, standing in the Bathtub, wearing only her princess-skirt. And Isaac (wearing mismatched slippers, pretty common around here) climbed up on the side of the tub, electronic drum-set in hand. "Ready Mama?!?!?!" And I told him to go ahead and show me. With a dramatic countdown of "1, 2, 1-2-3-4" he started making the loudest most insane drum noises that he could manage. All the while Leah began twirling (as if to a Vienesse Waltz) while holding her skirt daintily with her fingers. This was all too much for me to take in, so of course, I run for the camera. Truly "Something Beatiful".

4 comments:

Lizzy Lou said...

Well I should say yes, she is quite beautiful. Why the bathtub though? I understand the drumming was meant to be dancing music, but I wouldn't normally think of a bathtub as a stage. Kids do strange things.

Shaina said...

I do my best singing in the bathtub/shower, maybe it does make a good stage.

Heather said...

OOH MY heavens! that is SOOOOO HILARIOUS! how darling! i LOVE that! i got teary eyed when i saw the pic. i am Glad you took one! how darling!!!!! they are hilarious!

Lacey said...

That is so funny! I just laughed out loud!!! Kids are awesome, aren't they?