Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Whirlwind of a week!

Boy am I glad last week is over! Quite a bit of emotions, anxiety, and lots of excitement!
  • MONDAY, Met with Isaac's Principal about problems other children in his classroom are causing him. This after he has come home with several minor injuries, hurt feelings, having his pants pulled down in class, and overall craziness that the District seems to not care about. Michael and I gave her a piece of our minds. We will see what happens.
  • TUESDAY was Parent Teacher Conference. I do like Isaac's teacher. She is just shouldering more "problem children" than one professional should ever have to deal with. Isaac is doing GREAT. And his speech pathologist continues to work with him on his stutter. We are really happy with how much Isaac loves learning. He loves to read.
  • WEDNESDAY- By far the worst day of the week, month, and year so far!
  • THURSDAY, off I flew to UTAH. To attend my brothers wedding on FRIDAY! Yes, after a 7 year drought, my parents finally managed to marry off another one!!! Go Mom and Dad! Mike and Johanna were very happy. Johanna's two sons looked so cute in their tuxes with tails! I took lots of pictures of the festivities. Someday I will figure out how to post them on my blog in a creative way! The best part was, we had a large print-out of "Mary's head" that is laminated. (Mary is in the MTC getting her butt kicked by the Hungarian language right now). We had her in pictures, she sat with us at the dinner table, had some carrot cake, and even joined in the festivities of attempting to catch the bouquet! She was unsuccessful, but that is okay, because she needs to focus on her mission. That night I went to the Groves' house for a special Game Night held in my honor (or so I like to think, because it is traditionally held on Sundays) and it was SO FUN! Ah, one of the many things I miss about Utah. The Groves are awesome.
  • SATURDAY, flew back to Oklahoma because I had Church and a Baptismal Preparation Fireside the next day, that I was in charge of.
So that is the goings on of my week. This week.....the laundry. Yes, back to the good stuff. OH, and while I was gone in Utah, Mikey and the kids had a blast. Going to the park twice in one day, and eating McDonalds, Taco Bell, and other novelties b/c I was not there to cook!

1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW WOW WOW! you had A CRAZY week! for real!!!! I am exhausted just thinking about it!!! GOODNESS!