Saturday, March 8, 2008

Birthday party weekend

This weekend has been great for the kids. TWO Birthday parties to attend! Isaac's friend Leya (or as he refers to her "Leya my friend but not my sister Leya") had a birthday at Build a Bear last night. It was great. Isaac got a turtle he named "Fluffy"....yes, Fluffy the turtle. And Leah got a floppy bunny she named "Bunny". Oh the creative genius of my children! they had so much fun putting the heart inside, and fluffing it up, and everything. Although as soon as we got home Isaac insisted that I "Cut open Fluffy so I can see the heart is in there". I told him "No, we won't be butchering your turtle, you'll just have to trust that it's in there."
Leah carries her bunny all over the house.

Today was Leah's friend Elina's party. I have nothing to really report because Michael had the joy and responsibility of taking her to this sweet "Hello Kitty" themed toddler girl party, as I had Stake training meetings I was at. What a good sport he was to do this, as usually he leaves this kind of stuff on my to-do list! Michael said Leah had a great time. Leah told me there was a "Kitty Kitty Pinata", and they did bring home some cake...which was homemade and FABULOUS. Way to go making the cake Victoria!


Boomer got a $35 haircut. Is there something wrong here when I spend that much on the DOG's haircut, yet won't get one for myself if it is more than $10? Hmmm. Better check my priorities!

2 comments:

Heather said...

SO much fun! i wish we could have made it to Elina's party. I am sure the girls would have had fun! Sounds like it was a blast though!

FUnny about the build a bear!!! We went there for christmas for the first time, the girls ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!

Victoria and Mark said...

Hey! I am mentioned on this blog! How cool is that? Especially when my HOMEMAKING skills are in a favorable light. My brain is sluggish at best these days (w sleep deprivation constant for the past nearly 6 years), and here I am checking out your blog at 23.38 at night. Well, I had actually just done some family history work and was in front of the computer. Anyway, my sluggish brain faild to remember to bring your kids the GOODIE bags from the party. I am packing them in the church bag and will bring them on easter. Hope you are in town. Good night, Sarah!