Yes, we are going public!
For those who have not heard, I am indeed pregnant (explains the glazed over look, and constant nibbling if you've seen me lately). I think as I ate cereal all through church on Fast Sunday....some had grown suspicious. As of today (4/4) I am 10 weeks pregnant. Sick as a dog. Excited, and just hoping for the day that I make it beyond this stage of nausea and exhaustion. Only 4 more weeks of this. The 2nd trimester is my "Celestial Trimester". No more nausea, a renewed strength, feeling first fetal movement, getting the ultra-sound, FINALLY an excuse to wear maternity clothes, etc. Then during the 3rd trimester I'm pretty much as large as a house, can't breathe, suffering outrageous heartburn, and back to being not-so-useful to society! AH THE FUN! As the days slowly pass, I sit on my nasty couch (our new ones are on order...HORAY) and look at my pictures on my mantle of my two precious little babies. Isaac and Leah's newborn pictures are the only thing that keeps me thinking "It WILL be worth it in the end."
So....a BOY or a GIRL???? What will it be. We actually plan on a delivery room surprise. Mikey wanted a surprise back when I was pregnant with Leah. But I HAD to know, so in case it was a girl (and yes it was) I would be prepared. Now that we have boxes of both boy and girl stuff on hand....it really doesn't matter what this one is! So I am graciously allowing Michael his "delivery room surprise". Isaac and Leah are at odds. Isaac says it's a boy because he's never had a little brother. Leah says it's a girl because she wants to "Be a big sister, just like Dada" (I don't understand her logic in that! But she's 2, so what do you expect?). My maternal premonitions are telling me more-so that this is a boy. But it is REALLY early on, so WHO KNOWS.
We have also made the decision to go through a Midwife this time around. Ann Stewart is our Midwife up at OU Medical Center. It is the only Hospital in the state that has a Midwifery program. I am thrilled!!!! After two induced labors where I felt managed, pushed into decision making based on speculated risks, and overall being just another part of the medically managed business of being born, I am excited to manage my own delivery with my husband at my side, and for the first time, trust birth. I also have a Doula (professional labor coach) flying in from California. Her name is Brenda, and she actually is a LONG TIME friend of Michael's. When he was a missionary, he and his companion lived in their basement for a long time, and developed a bond with that family that has carried on over the years. Brenda is kind enough to have reserved for us, the last week in October and first week in November for my anticipated delivery, where she will fly here to be at our side.
After the research and preparation I have put into this....and will yet put into this pregnancy and delivery, I am SO SO SO EXCITED for this experience.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
I am really excited for you too!!! One question that naturally pops into my head when reading your entry, is how will you be able to let nature run its course when your doula has to fly from California? You baby will likely be born by the time she steps off the plane, or am I misunderstanding something? Is she actually going to be in Oklahoma for two weeks straight. If so, that is a slightly more practical solution. I will share this though, that when Isak was getting ready to be born in Sweden we had a three week window for Mark to be there for the birth. In Sweden no one induces, unless there are very compelling reasons, and Isak's due date was June 22 but did not come until July 5! Mark had to extend his flight. It was very stressful to be constrained time wise like that, and if I had to do it over again I would have allowed for more time. In Sweden they claim, along with the Bradley people, that the average un-induced pregnancy runs 41 weeks and 1 day. Believe me, the last thing you need, Sarah, is to have one more thing to worry about. I have heard excellent things about OU medical center and I wish you the very best!
Yea! I am so excited for you guys. And am glad to be going through this experience with you. I love you dearly, and you and Mikey are such great friends and are wonderful parents. I know I am kind of with you on having this third baby be a surprise. I think that would be awesome. We have everything we need already. I love ya.
Hey, It sounds like YOU know what you're doing, and don't ever second guess yourself! I am excited for you to have a new experience with labor and delivery. Like you said, as women, we should support each other no matter what the situation or decisions made that are individual to each of us, and I am glad you are my friend and confidant in child birth and child rearing. Remember, your body knows what to do and how to do it, (even if it's puking all day) so no worries girl!
Post a Comment