Monday, April 14, 2008

Fat pants.


No this picture is not of me...I'm not that daring. It is just to reinforce my question here.
So when do you give in? When do you say "Yes, I'm pregnant, but can I really get away with wearing maternity clothes when I'm ONLY 11½ weeks pregnant? C'mon now! Baby is the size of a lemon....so why am I expanding at such a rapid pace. And as you can see by my ultra-sound pics below...there is only ONE in there. Could it be that I EAT all the time (to beat the nausea back hour after hour)? Or is this just "how it is" with the 3rd pregnancy? You body says "Hey, no holding back. We are pregnant, and so let's LOOK it RIGHT NOW". SO not fair! My tummy is tender all the time (you know how when you're nauseated you don't want anything putting pressure on your abdomen?). I can't stand to have anything restricting on me. So, do I surrender to the maternity clothes, or would that be just far TOO ABSURD for a woman who is only 11½ weeks pregnant?

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I say, "GO FOR IT!" That's my favorite saying as of lately. No one should care! YOU'RE PREGNANT! Is shouldn't matter how far along you are. YOU'RE PREGNANT. Wear the maternity clothes. (Or do the rubber band around the button until your butt and thighs don't fit either!) But honestly, "GO FOR IT!" There are tons of styles out there that won't make you look like a tee-pee in this early stage, and you'll be comfortable! GET COMFY because you have a long road ahead girly.

Lacey said...

Oh, and if you just happen to be out and about with your ladder in tow, then sure, bring it on by! I was unsing maintainances (did I spell that right?) but they took it away! :( I'll finish the other wall one of these days.

Lacey said...

I just caught like a million errors in my messages. sorry. can you tell coleman is asleep and i'm trying to get in as much as i can during nap time? aaaahhhh better hurry!

Taryn said...

Do it, who cares, no-one sees your pants anyway unless you go around flashing your mid section and shouting in a megaphone.... "I'm wearing fat pants everyone, and I'm only in my first trimester." Stop worrying and live it up, you are lucky to be pregnant and this is the only time in your life when you can be fat and everyone thinks your beautiful, fat pants or not.

Heather said...

Hey honestly. that is how my 3rd one went for real! it was soo quick! at 10 weeks i was like DO you see my bump yet!? seriously, i KNOW what you are saying! it is SOO the 3rd! i didn't eat 1/2 as much with this pregnancy as i did with kayla and i still gained 60 pounds... where as with kayla i ate EVERYONE"S food in the WORLD and gained 110 lbs so. really, it is JUST THE THIRD! it sucks! but, SOO worth it! loving my babes!