Wednesday, October 1, 2008

OCTOBER!

So we've made it to October! I can officially say my baby is due this month! However, this child could easily decide to make his/her grand entrance in November being that my due date is on October 31st...the last day of the month! But nonetheless, I woke up this morning with a sense of excitement, that it REALLY is October. It seemed SO FAR away back on Feb 18th, when we found out "Junior" was on the way. Boy has this pregnancy gone by fast! The last month can seem excruciatingly long and drawn out, simply because you are at the most LARGE and UNCOMFORTABLE physical state you could possibly imagine. Someone asked me the other day how I could possibly do it. Manage 2 young children, and have one on the way, and keep up with everything I need to do. Well, the answer is....just come see my house. I've totally let it go! I don't keep up! When you can no longer bend at the waist, cleaning up the clutter is just too much to ask. Just ask my kids. It is not uncommon for mommy to come in from the garage with the large fan-like rake, and to "rake" the living room floor. The kids think it is really funny. Until I point to the huge pile and say "come take your stuff back to your room unless you want it thrown away." I do miss the days when I could bend in half, but until then, the rake may find a nice spot in the closet next to the vacuum.

3 comments:

Corless Family said...

I use a rake, too!! I use it because i don't want to crawl under the beds or dining room table. My kids hate it because then they know that i am really serious about wanting the place cleaned!!!

Lacey said...

I just read your post out loud to my mom because I was cracking up! I hope for your sake the baby comes a little early, or at least on time, so you can bend again.

Natalie said...

Cute kids. Hope your pregnancy goes well. How's your family doing?