Monday, October 27, 2008

My Grandma Rose

This morning I got a phone call at 5am.
My Grandmother had just passed away, and is now happy and at peace with my Grandpa. This is a very good day for Grandma.
The hardest part for me is that I cannot be there. I always knew that when she passed, I wanted to be there for the funeral, to honor and pay tribute to her. But more importantly, to be there with my family, especially my own Mother. But being only days away from delivery, traveling is not even an option for me right now. It is so hard to be here, and not be there for my Mother. But I believe that Grandma would say "Oh, don't you worry about me dear, I'm just fine, you just have that baby and don't worry about me even for a moment." And I feel she will be with me in spirit when this baby is born, and celebrating with us.
My Grandma is a special lady, who leaves an incredible legacy and posterity.
She was ALWAYS valiant in her testimony of Christ, never ever faltering. She has been a rock, and a spiritual giant in our family. She looked into the face of death with hope and reassurance. Without fear or hesitation. This is because of her absolute sure testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement, and faith in the plan of salvation. She looked forward to this next step in her existence, and welcomed it with all her heart. I will miss her so much, and miss talking with her, and hearing her stories. But I am so happy for her, and can't even begin to imagine the joyous reunion that is taking place in Heaven today. I can imagine the line to greet her is very long, because she was loved by so many. I made a little slideshow tribute from pictures I have in my family album. I wish I had more. My favorite is the one of Grandma in her younger years. She is so beautiful, isn't she! And I imagine that is how she looks again today, as she is no longer hindered by such an old frail body. Today is a very good day for my Grandma.

1 comment:

Biggs Family said...

I am so sorry for your loss, but what a legacy she left. She sounded like such a terrific lady. I love you so much and soon your grandma rose will be sending your baby on down to earth. :) What joy that will be! Love you