Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yawn....

So the husband is in Missouri on business for two days. It's just me and the kids.
Last night Simon finally went to bed at 10:30pm after 1½ hours of effort. For the next hour, I frantically made sack lunches, set out coats and backpacks, and located shoes. All in an effort to make the morning go much smoother. Got to bed by Midnight. No sooner had I gotten to sleep, then up wakes Simon, absolutely SCREAMING. And he was up until 6:00am. No amount of Mylecon, Gripe Water, massage, nursing, rocking or patting was helping. If he did drift off, it was only long enough for me to lay him down and then he immediately woke up screaming again. So....I was up battling with him for almost SIX HOURS, then had to wake up at 7am to start getting Isaac ready for school.
There are days that being the Mom really hurts. I'm certain this will be one of those days. Wow.

3 comments:

Corless Family said...

so sorry. i do feel for you since we have all been there. Do you ever wonder how we survive? I do!

Lacey said...

Step 1 -Call me!
Step 2 -You feed the babe
Step 3 -when done, I hold while you nap...
Those type of nights SUCK! Yes, I said it, they suck!

Heather said...

I am soo sorry! i totally understand that crap! and, well, good thing your husband doesn't say, YEAH you are up ALL NIGHT anyway feeding, you may as well stay up and go WORK OUT AT 4:30 am! HELLO??? honestly!

i am so sorry sarah! that is the worst!!! i totally understand! you are amazing! isn't it interesting, when you think you are ONE step ahead. *doing all the stuff for the next day and then all of a sudden they throw you a CURVE ball! OOH MAN!
sorry sweetie!

love ya!