"Yes, Brother Howard? What was that? WHO? You're kidding! ANOTHER ONE???"So, it's been a rough month for me in my calling. The Lord is giving me a huge lesson in enduring strife, or he is humbling me, or there is some important lesson I am supposed to learn from this. The weekend that I gave birth to Simon, I was told that my sweet Secretary and awesome Valiant 9 teacher were being called to serve elsewhere. Wow, okay, the timing was really bad, but roll with the punches, right? Then two weeks ago I get the phone call that my incredible 2nd Councilor was being removed from my presidency to serve in YW. Talk about distress. Here I am at the end of a year, standing on the edge of 2009. A very crucial time in Primary is when the year turns over and the children advance and teacher assignments change. It is stressful. Then yesterday my phone rings again. It is Bro. Howard again "Hello Sister Hubler, how are you doing?" (Long P A U S E) "Uh, I don't know Brother Howard....the question is, how will I be doing in 5 minutes when I find out what you are calling me for?" Well, the purpose of that call was to tell me that I no longer have a CTR 6 teacher, or an Activity Days Leader. Wow, a double whammy. Impressive. I am rather stunned. And wouldn't you know it, wonderful Brother Howard called me again just TONIGHT. Yep. Another one!!!! At this point I am in total disbelief. I am trying so very very very hard to keep things together. I love my calling, and I know it will work out somehow. But right now it's hard for me to see exactly how the Lord will do it. So that is it....I'm getting a lesson in Faith. I often teach the Primary children about having Faith. So it seems the teacher is now the student.












3 comments:
Try to look at it as a new year and a fresh start. does that help? Problaby not, but since you are amazing and I know you will manage beautifully. Does that help.
I love the picture at the beginning, that is hysterical. Can I just give you a hug right now? This is such a crazy time for you to have to go through, but you will and this to shall pass. and you will get amazing new people to fill those positions to start 2009. I love you and it was so hard yesterday to not be in there with you and Chris and not say good bye to the kiddos. My heart will always be in Primary! :) I love you and I am always here for you. And I am still your VT so please rely on me for anything! Late night chats! anytime.
OH Sarah! i am so sorry! honestly, my blog tracker hasn't said you have updated! then tk said you had. so i apologize for not coming here lately. Anyways, OH you poor thing! honestly, i can't imagine ALL you are going thru! seriously, first of all, you are soo amazing dealing with your THIRD child, and STILL functioning! it is STILL hard for me! but, i am going to miss you as activity days! :O(
I wish i could help you out! I Love you to pieces!!! let me know how i can help out!> K?
Good luck with everything! you are the BEST!
GOOD luck, LETS hope there are NO LONGER any 10 pm calls from bro howard!
love ya!
Post a Comment