Monday, May 4, 2009

No...NOT THE HAIR!


It is a childhood right of passage I assume. But that brought little comfort to me when we found that Leah and a pair of scissors had found a quiet place on her brother's bed. And that is where the massacre happened. Here is the conversation upon noticing Leah's french braids had been "sawed" into.

Me: "Leah, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR"
Leah: "Well, it just...nothing."
Me: "NO LEAH, THIS IS NOT NOTHING. WHAT DID YOU DO?"
Leah: "Well, it just fell out"
Me: "Leah, YOUR HAIR DOESN'T JUST FALL OUT! YOU CUT IT!"
Leah: (holding up her remaining hair) "Well, there's lots left"
Me: "Leah, WHERE ARE THE SCISSORS? YOU ARE IN BIG TROUBLE SISTER!"
Leah: "Well, I was just pretending!"
Me: "No, this isn't pretend, you REALLY cut your hair!"
Leah: "Well, I was just pretending to brush it"
Me: "With SCISSORS?"
Leah: "Well, it just fell out."

Daddy discovered the scissors and pile o' hair on Isaac's bed. Isaac, who was in the room when the massacre occurred, had no IDEA because he was mind-melded to his game-boy. But once he saw how much Leah was in trouble, he was more than interested in the event. He also took the moment to mention that he loved us (yes, kiss-up). I took Leah into the bathroom to undo her french braids and assess the damage. As I brushed her hair, MORE came out. I wanted to cry. It isn't so much a choppy butchered look, as it is more of a feathery layered look because she wasn't grabbing chunks and cutting them off....but rather sawing away at the braids. So the cut hair is distributed throughout.
I still wanted to cry. Here are pictures.


6 comments:

Bita said...

A-hahahahahaha.... oh yes! This is DEFNITELY a right of passage! Especially for girls. Both my girls already went through it. Isn't it funny how every time these things just "happen"? And it was NEVER the kid...always... some magic that just "made it happen"....lol Love it! Thanks for sharing this funny story. I hope you can laugh about it too by now! ;D If now.... read it again in a few months. lol

xox

Corless Family said...

It really could have been much worse. Eden has a "boy" haircut on one side and the bangs are just starting to not look so bad. I don't think it's funny, but I hope you won't be upset for too long. And I will help trim it up if you want.

Biggs Family said...

No way! Are you kidding me? Oh my goodness, that is crazy. I love the conversation that you two had. She is beautiful regardless, but man that beautiful long hair of hers. That is such a sad picture of her at the end. Oh how we love girls! :)

Lacey said...

Not her beautiful hair!?! Aaa!!! Gosh darn those scizzors that look like pretend brushes.

Heather said...

OH BABE! I am SO SO SORRY! i threatened my girls since they were BABIES about getting scissors to their hair, OR ANYONE TOUCHING THEIR HAIR! seriously, i am A NUT JOB ABOUT THAT STUFF!

because my brother chopped all my "kayla" length hair, off to my scalp and my mom had a FREAKING BREAKDOWN!!!!
yes he GOT IT!

anyways, so, i have been threatening my girls since babies... ooh man! i am so sorry! at least it wasn't chunks!?

sorry sweetie! you POOR THING! ooh man! her hair is STILL BEAUTIFUL!

Jennifer Brammer said...

I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you! :) I saw your blog on Eric and Mindy Choates and thought I would see how you guys were doing! I don't know if you remember me...you guys were my sunday school teachers when Isaac was a baby! I was formerly a Moffett...Anyway, I hope you don't mind me looking! Your family is so beautiful!