Monday, May 18, 2009

Leah's Garden


Little Leah has been BEGGING to plant some flowers of her very own. How could I deny this precious little request! Anyone who knows me or has visited my home knows that my landscaping and gardening skills are non-existent. I do not know the difference between a good plant and a weed. It's very sad. Well, Leah, who is always so disappointed when her picked-flowers DIE, wanted to be "A real flower-grower" (her words). So, we went to Wal-mart and I let her pick out her OWN flowers. She picked out a little crate of 6 Marigolds. I got her a watering can because she said she can't be a real flower-grower without her very own watering can. We planted her garden and for two days she watered it morning and night vigilantly. Then this last week, daily severe rainstorms came and those poor little flowers just got hammered! They aren't looking very healthy right now, but hopefully they will spring back with some milder weather this week. The cutest thing is that Leah SINGS to them to help them grow! Michael got a video of her doing it on his cell phone. I don't know if I'd be able to post it to the blog. But she is just so sweet. Her song is just so simple "Grow, grow, grow. GROOOOOWWWWW flowers! Grow, grow, grow!" She is just so funny! I told her if she does a good job with these flowers, we will get more. To which she has informed me that next she wants to plant Carrots and peas and green beans. Leah...you are a better woman than I.

5 comments:

Lizzy Lou said...

That is so sweet! She is such a cute girl. I'm so excited to see all of you guys next month. Mom has been growing her own flowers and veggies here. I'm sure when you are out visiting, mom would LOVE to have Leah as her gardening helper!!

Kristine said...

That is TOO cute! I need to plant the seeds I bought . . .

Scott and Carynn said...

I love this! Next time you are out here maybe Leah can plant my garden!

Corless Family said...

the children really do teach us!

Heather said...

THAT IS SOO DARLING! i wish we knew how long we were staying in tHIS house so i could plant something!

she is soo darling!!!