I've been thinking a lot about my girl lately. My one girl. I have been so caught up in baby Simon everything, that I have to stop and pay some respect to my lil' princess. She is amazing. She holds her own so well in this family. Sandwiched between two brothers, she refuses to fade into the chaos. She is usually the instigator! She knows how to ruffle Isaac's feathers and come off as looking completely innocent. She knows how to make her baby brother laugh and smile and coo. She loves to snuggle. She loves to have her back tickled. She loves for Mama to lay in bed next to her for "just a little minute" before she goes to bed for the night. She is a big girl and can "do it by myself". And this applies to everything. She dresses up, in ALL of her skirts at once until she can't even walk straight. She's not afraid to go out in public this way. She will turn you into a frog with her magic wand if she is upset with you. And if you make her mad, she will pucker up her lips into a kissy face, put her nose in the air, and march off into her room with a very audible "HUMF!" Leah wants to know the meaning behind everything. "Why do dogs have toenails?" "Why is your shower see-through?" "Why aren't houses built UNDER rocks?" "When you were a baby, why were you in grandma's belly?" She exhausts me, inspires me, challenges me, makes me laugh, makes me love being a mommy, and yes, I'm terrified of her teenage years yet to come. I love you baby girl! You are growing up so fast!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
OH! what a little doll! I LOVE all these pics! she is too cute for words! for real! too cute! i love her little dimples like simon! soo too dang cute for words!
love you girl! i totally hear you, my poor kynda is pushed to the side, so is kayla! ahhh what a third baby does! hahahah
kapri is like my only child! kayla and kynda just go play by themselves MOST THE DAY!! it is quite sad! haha
love the princesses! and yes... TEENAGE years are going to suck!
hahahahahah love you!
I can't believe how much she has changed and grown up so fast. I love seeing the pics of her. She is so adorable. You are such a great mommy.
It is so fun only having 1 one girl right now, that way we can always do girly things with our daughters. :) Love you and thanks for sharing.
What a sweet tribute. I should do that more often, instead of making fun of my sweet babes, I should post my mushy side. Thanks for inspiring me. Leah is a cutie.
Post a Comment