Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

We had a great Easter. The children had a good time, and looked so nice for church. I had the pleasure of conducting the Ward Choir for our Easter presentation, and I think I faked it quite well! :) The choir did GREAT, but as for myself and having had no formal training, I think I was pretty convincing. I am a flute player, so by nature I know how to read only in treble-cleff, and only one note at a time. I do not think in chords, or in parts, or all of those things that choir directors can mentally hear in their heads. Someday I hope to learn to play the piano. Then at least I can learn chords, and read bass-cleff as well.

This week has been a difficult one for my family (and extended family in Utah), because we had to say goodbye to a dear sweet Aunt. She passed away at the age of 60, after many years of health problems. I love and will miss my Aunt Coleen. But I find such reassurance of a happy reunion, especially with this Easter holiday. Death is an essential part of our Father's plan, and only a temporary part at that. One day we will all taste of the sweet resurrection as provided through our Savior Jesus Christ. Death has no sting, and is overcome by Christ. I am so grateful for my Savior. Thank you Aunt Coleen, for your amazing life, and thank you for a very real reminder of what Easter truly is about.

2 comments:

Victoria and Mark said...

So sad to hear about your Aunt, Sarah! But you did wonderfully (and the choir) on Sunday. If you have had no training or other experience in leading a choir, then I must say Heavenly Father has truly magnified you as you have magnified your calling. Great job!

Heather said...

I'm soo sorry to hear about your aunt sweetie!

anyways, you did an amazing job yesterday! i was SOO PROUD OF YOU! i think i had a big fat smile on my face the whole time you were up there leading away! seriously! you did amazing! they all did! way to go guys! yay!