Sunday, November 30, 2008

1 Month Old!


We have made it to ONE MONTH today! Our little guy is growing up, and he's just so precious. He is FINALLY (knock on wood) starting to accept the idea of a pacifier. He's not thrilled about it, but will take it sometimes when upset, and on a full stomach. But if eating is his objective, then the paci is just an insult.
He is starting to sleep a little better at night. Now just watch, because I've said that, I'll be up every 1½ hours tonight! But last night he actually gave us a 7 hour stretch of sleep! Amazing! What woke me up was being painfully full in the chest area, shall we say.
We are anxiously awaiting the time when he looks at us and SMILES. I always ADORE seeing what my babies smiles really look like.
To all my pregnant friends out there who are anxious to get their little babies here, I want to give you a shout out and tell you, to CHERISH being pregnant. I mean it. I know pregnancy is harder on some than it is on others. But I just loved being pregnant, despite the sickness and aches and pains. I felt it was a special gift. Especially when so many I know have such difficulty getting pregnant, or haven't been able to have children at all. Simon was so good to me during my pregnancy. And feeling that baby move inside of you is a gift from God. Because, like him, you are a "creator". I've been thinking about this a lot today. It was my first day back at church since having the baby. And it occurred to me that last time I was sitting in Sacrament Meeting, I was enjoying feeling Simon inside of me, kicking, and turning. Leah was feeling him move by putting her face on my belly. And now I'm empty inside. True my arms are VERY FULL....but that time of feeling of life inside, is over. And I do miss it. I didn't think I would so much, but I do. Okay, that is enough of my deep thoughts for now.
Time has flown by, and I can hardly believe it's been a month already. Yes, sleep deprivation has a lot to do with it I'm sure. All my days and nights run together now! We are so excited to be celebrating his FIRST Christmas!

2 comments:

Maggie said...

He is just too sweet... I CANNOT believe a month has gone by already. *sigh* They truly do grow up sooo fast!

Lacey said...

Whoa. A month!? I swear I just had the phone call the other night about your water breaking...haha, time does fly! Cute picture of your three babies! It's so sweet. You can tell they love their new brother.