Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The fam of 5

So, you can see I have a new family photo at the top. Certainly not a professional one. It is one we took outside the church the day of Simon's blessing. But it is the nicest picture I have of ALL 5 of us Hublers. No...the one of all of us, including me in the hospital bed, the day Simon was born did not make the cut. Simply because I look sweaty, tired, and unshowered. That is what happens when you have a baby at 2am. So in this one we are all clean....but, I was shocked at how fat I look. No, this is not a pity party 'woe is me, I'm so fat' thing. This is a 'geez, I sure have a lot of pregnancy weight to lose' thing. The fact that I'm wearing a maternity blouse because NO OTHERS fit is sad enough. But my large face and upper arms are just so embarrassing to me. So this is a good thing that I put this on my blog, to stare back at me every time I log in. It will give me a dose of reality, and keep me on-track and away from the Pumpkin cookies. Yes, that craving continues beyond pregnancy girls. And I can't blame it on being pregnant anymore!

4 comments:

Lacey said...

Just look in the mirror every morning and say "Damn, I look good!" You will either start to believe it and gain that self confidence you need in yourself (because you do look good) or you will laugh at yourself, like I do most times, and it will give you a rushof "feel good" hormones to help you through the day! Either way, enjoy the new mommy stage again! You're doing great!

Heather said...

HEY I HEAR YOU on the cravings AFTER the pregnancy! i still blame it on that though! oh well!
HEY! pumpkin cookies ARE THE BEST! you know!

I love the new picture of all you guys!!! You look Great! honestly sarah!!!! Love it!

Corless Family said...

I thought that pumpkin cookies counted as a veggie!

Victoria and Mark said...

Awwww. I so feel your pain. I always think I am so skinny after I have a baby. (Less belly, edema going away). Even the mirror doesn't seem that bad. Then I see pictures and freak out!

But even so, I venture into the closet and try on a pair of pants only to find that they have shrunk and only barely come up over the knees! Mark must have washed them unbeknownst to me, on the hot setting! Surely I am not that big, and these clothes could not have always been this size or I would have been ridiculously skinny.

Denial.

It lasts about 2 months for me, then the true agony sets in.

I hope success comes swiftly to you my friend.