NOW....for the first day of school. I will catch up on 'the rest of summer vacation' later (yeah right!).
Today Isaac started 2nd Grade. I can't believe he's such a BIG BOY now. He has Mrs. Randol, and is very excited. When asked how his first day was, he sighed and said "In second grade we have to do a lot of handwriting work". Yep, yep you do son.
Leah started half-day Pre-K. She has Mrs. Bright (who was Isaac's teacher) and walked into that classroom very independantly with no hesitation. She would have gone last year if they would have let her. She has been waiting for this day FOREVER if you ask her. She is excited to "make projects". Her only complaint...she wanted to ride the schoolbus. In her mind, the symbolic schoolbus is part of the big-girl school experience. She was upset with me when I showed up in the car to pick them up from school, and pouted the whole way home. Poor girl. She'll just have to wait for Kindergarten to be able to ride the schoolbus.
So my little Simon and I are at home together alone for 2½ hours. What JOY. Simplified grocery shopping, simplified errand running, simplified housework, and NOT having to referee Isaac and Leah's constant bickering. Yes, I do love my kids. Don't misinterpret my joy. Just because I'm excited for them to be off to school doesn't make me a bad mom or mean I care less for them. It is just so nice to have some mental breathing room again. Thank HEAVENS! I'm excited for me to have some time with just Simon. I haven't had that since he was born.
So, I have TONZ of pictures, tonz of videos, etc. Including Simon first crawling. But Simon is now ready to go to bed (we hope) so my time here is done for now. Here is to a good new school year, and hopefully...some regular blogging.












2 comments:
I can't believe how fast the kids are growing up!!
Yay! Happy day! I love the pics of Leah and Issac they are so cute. Can't wait for Sharlee to go to school, she wants to go so bad.
Post a Comment