We own an '02 Chevy Tahoe. I am the primary driver of the family car. So I deal with it's quirks daily. It is equipped with a "jump seat" on the passenger side of the middle row. This is a seat that folds down to provide access to the back row. This rant is dedicated to this jump seat.
I have 3 kids, 2 of which sit in the back. Safely far away from mauling the infant in the middle row. However, to get my kids in and out of the Tahoe, I must walk AROUND the stupid vehicle to the passenger side EVERY TIME. Usually with my arms full of stuff/diaperbag/Simon. WHO ON EARTH WAS THE GENIUS WHO THOUGHT THE JUMP SEAT SHOULD BE ON THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR? I mean...think about it. When in use, the vehicle will ALWAYS have a driver. Always. But it won't always have a front row passenger conveniently there to help kids in and out of that side of the vehicle. THE JUMP SEAT SHOULD BE RIGHT BEHIND THE DRIVER. Thus allowing quick and easy access when Mom is alone carting around kids. Hello...CHEVY company? What genius made this design decision?
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
It was a person who doesn't have more than 2 kids and never really use it. Not the Mom who is always doing all the grunt work!
Oh my gosh...I've thought that same thing in other people's cars! (you know..I drive that little neon). Or, how about jump seats that can't fold down properly when there is a car seat in the middle of the first row! That one ticks me off!
I TOTALLY Agree with that! seriously! what on earth!? that is exactly why i told kirk GO GET A VAN! but, he came home with a stinkin suburban! nice! whatever... he hardly ever drives the van! but, I CAN NOT put kynda in the back with kayla because she can't unbuckle her IMPOSSIBLE seat belt!
BUMMER!
BUT i DO love that you have them far away from mauling poor little simon darling! hahah i laughed! SOO TRUE! love you!!! i hear you!!
Post a Comment