Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Isaac's 1st loose TOOTH!

My little guy is growing up so fast! He noticed that he had his first loose tooth on his 6th Birthday on July 29th. For a MONTH that thing didn't come out, in fact the new adult tooth was grown in behind it! Every day I'd tell him to give it a good wiggle and he'd say "But I don't want to". Finally on Aug 28th, it was just so ready to come out. So we decided to put a dental-floss lasso around that thing and have a yank at it. Daddy pulled it out with little effort, and almost put his own eye out in the process as the tooth flew right at him! Other than the initial blood, Isaac was THRILLED at the event. He was sure the tooth fairy was going to bring him $20. Ummm...not unless the tooth fairy won the lottery since I was a kid. I was lucky to get a quarter! Isaac tucked his tooth securely in his tooth fairy pillow, and was pleased enough to have a dollar by morning. :o)
He lost his next tooth 3 days later!
It was kindof bittersweet for me as the mommy. These two little teeth were the first ones he got as a 4 month old baby, and I remember how excited I was when they first broke through the gums. And now here they are, of his mouth for good.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Way to go, Isaac!!! There is a lot of money in tooth losing...and tooth keeping actually. But, hey, good job on losing one and gaining some mula!!!

Biggs Family said...

Yeah for Isaac! That is fantastic. Having a loose tooth can be pretty scary, but he sure is brave. That is so funny that he wanted $20. I remember only getting a quarter. :) What a cutie pie! I love the pics!