Sunday, July 20, 2008

The GREAT SHAVE of 2008

For 7 years I've been waiting for this! My Mikey shaved his goatee off! This last week he was set apart as a Temple worker, and here at the OKC Temple, President Gillespie holds brethren to Missionary grooming standards. So OFF WITH THE FACE FUZZ!!!!!
Leah didn't mind the change, she thought it was interesting but not a big deal. Isaac however FREAKED OUT beyond belief. Wouldn't even look at the man for about 45 minutes. He cried and cried and said "My Daddy's not real anymore". Isaac has always been a very tender hearted child, and this change was sudden, and quite drastic. Yes, his Daddy does look COMPLETELY different now and he wasn't ready for that. He buried his face in the living room furniture and bawled, not letting Michael near him. I had to calm him down and show him pictures of Daddy right after his mission, and show him that he's the same person, and looks a lot like this old picture. Isaac calmed down and went and let Michael hold him and hug him...however he still wouldn't make eye contact. He's fine now. He just needed some time and some love.
Here are pictures of the "progression" of the shave, with the lovely smooth faced hubby as the finished product. SO HANDSOME! I absolutely LOVE IT! Who knew this man had lips!

4 comments:

Victoria and Mark said...

I LOVE it! Took YEARS off, besides. Way to go enduring it for 7 years, Sarah. I can completely understand Isaac's reaction. I remember similar occurrences in my own childhood with uncles, though I never reacted that strongly it made me not want to make eye contact, almost like I was embarrassed or very shy. Again, congrats. I like it a lot.

HOWARD'S said...

Hubla! You look like a baby! I mean that in a good way. Anyway, I ran into your blog and wanted to see what you guys were up to. Hope you don't mind!

Heather said...

HILARIOUS! I LOVE THIS! that is too funny! i love that you guys did inbetween etc.. i love it!

also, i totally hear isaac. because when my dad left my mom, his new wife made him shave his beard off. i was DEVASTATED... we have since made him grow it back. even though his new wife hates it! hahahahahahahah

michael looks great though!

Mindy Jo said...

I absolutely love the progressive shaving! He looks so handsome - although I have to admit I personally am partial to facial hair-weird huh? But he's a handsome fellow either way! :)