
Other than the obvious swollen belly, pregnancy brings a whole list of interesting symptoms, one of which is a heightened sense of SMELL. So some things smell just as good as they taste...and sometimes just as bad.
So here I reveal my true weakness of this pregnancy...I'm addicted to my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Oh the JOY! I have a great recipe and when I cook, the smell that fills the house is intoxicatingly delicious! Then I get to EAT them when they are done. And boy do I eat them. For breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well...not that bad, but I could. Well, today I got that pumpkin chocolate chip cookie craving, and so I cooked a batch! I was so proud of myself, I got it done in under an hour, I cleaned up, got the dishwasher going, and realized "Oh, it's 5pm, maybe I should think about feeding the kids some dinner". Yes, the children have to eat as well, even if I am a woman on a pregnancy-craving mission. So, I figured the oven was already on, and I would throw in some fish sticks and tater-tots. I'm a genius! So I thought. Can I just say that the combined smell that formed betwixt the pumpkin-chocolate-fish-&taters was SO VERY VERY NASTY! Turn my stomach nasty! I ruined it! My beautiful pumpkin cookie scented house was now TOXIC! And then, at that very moment, when I thought it couldn't get any nastier, came the smell of melting plastic, or burning electrical wires. And it was coming from the dishwasher! I do believe my dishwasher motor is dying tonight. And THAT melting electrical smell, on top of the others, gave the Hubler family great incentive to spend the evening in the backyard while the kitchen aired out!












4 comments:
Do you use Aunt Coleen's cookie recipe? I hope so because they are to die for. I bake them all the time and have no problem eating the whole batch in a day. And I don't even have a pregnancy excuse, they're just that good. Let me know if you need the recipe!
i don't know about dishwashers and he told me to stop bragging about him. He doesn't want all the other husbands to feel inadequate. I also love choc. chip pumpkin cookies!!!!i would eat the whole batch by my self and watch your fingers if you try and take one from me!!
Dangit! So, I want that recipe! nothing i LOVE more than pumpkin cookies too! oh my gosh! i was just about to make you some, while i was reading this.... BUT, are you off them now!? or what!?
I have a SUPER easy, yummy one. BUT, i would LOVE yours too!!!! we can swap!
I put cream cheese frosting on top, because I COULD eat GALLONS of cream cheese frosting! that is the truth!
BUT, hey don't stress about eating those every meal. MMMMMMMMMM i would too if i could! i LOVE THOSE! YUMM YUM YUM
Hahahaha...I'm just sitting here chuckling! You're so funny. Too bad you couldn't enjoy the cookies. I wonder if you'll ever get the craving back!? Hooray for cravings!!!
Post a Comment